How to deal with Stain Emergencies on Natural Stone Surfaces
The First Step is to NOT Panic!!
Help is on the way for cleaning spills and stains on Marble, Granite, and other Natural Stone
- Mix a solution of Liquid Dish Soap and warm water, much as you would to clean a greasy pot.
- Soak a washcloth in the solution, and lightly wring it out
- Apply the saturated cloth to the stain making sure stain is completely covered.
- Allow to dwell on stain for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe up excess solution and soak washcloth in the solution.
- Repeat until stain is removed.
- If stain does not diminish, you may need to order a Professional Grade cleaner.
- Go to StoneCareOnline.org and order the R155 Intensive Cleaner.
Once you receive the R155, mix a solution of 1-part R155 to 4-parts warm water. Follow instructions above. Most stains will be removed with multiple applications.
For more detailed information, please email a picture of your stain, indicating what substance spilled on the stone, what date, and what steps you took to remove it.
You can also reach us Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm Mountain Time at 800-380-6881