Holiday Entertaining – And Wine Spills on Granite or Marble Counters
With the Holiday Season fast approaching, you may be concerned about how to protect your natural stone surfaces from the inevitable spills that occur during festive gatherings.
Well, with just a a few professional stone care products, you can rest assured that your beautiful natural stone won’t be permanently damaged. The key is proper treatment with an Impregnating Sealer. After using the HMK brand of Stone Care products for more than 30 years, I believe they are Best-In-Class. The flagship product for HMK Stone Care is the S234 Impregnator.
To see just how effective this sealer is, please see our video featuring spilled red wine that sat overnight on granite countertops. HERE
If you spill Oil, Cranberry Juice or Sauce, or Wine on Marble or Granite, here are emergency tips to reduce or remove the stain
- Wipe/Blot up as much as you can with paper towels
- Immediately make up a solution of lukewarm water and dish washing soap
- Soak a washcloth in the solution and cover the stain area. Allow to sit for 20 minutes
- Repeat, Repeat, Repeat
- If after several hours of soaking area, you still see a stain then we suggest you order our Poultice Combo
- While you are waiting for your order to arrive, keep a soaked rag on the spot. This will help prevent the stain from “setting”
To prevent such horrors from occurring, we highly suggest you seal all light and medium colored granite and marble surfaces with the Impregnating Sealer. This is very easy to do, and you do not need to hire a professional. Please see our video on How to Seal Granite Counters
If you need further assistance, please call our office at 800-380-6881 and please leave a message and a lovely woman named Diane will call you back. If you wish to email pictures, please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org