First off, go online and order our Stain Removal Combo Pack. This combo pack includes HMK R52 Stain Removing Poultice, and HMK R55 Intensive Cleaner. Once you have product ordered, then try to dilute the oil stain and not allow it to “set”.
- Mix a strong solution of dish soap and HOT water
- Pour over stain
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Let solution sit on stain for 1 hour
- Sponge up solution and blot dry with paper towels
- Repeat every hour for 4-6 hours
Once you have done this, pour a little soap solution over stained area and cover with plastic. Repeat the above procedures once or twice per day until your order arrives by UPS.
Once you receive the HMK R52, blot area dry with paper towel and follow these directions:
- Open can and spread Stain Removing Paste over stained area, extending 1/2″ past edge of stains. Make sure paste is 1/4″ to 3/8″ thick.
- Cover entire area and 100% more unstained area with plastic wrap.
- Tape down edges of plastic wrap with painters tape or masking tape
- Leave Covered for 48 hours!!!
- Remove plastic and leave for another 24 hours
- Scrape off dried paste with plastic scraper.
- Mix a solution of R55 Intensive Cleaner 1-part to 4-parts warm water
- Apply to area and scrub with scrub brush for 1 minute
- Allow to dwell on surface for 15 minutes
- Sponge up solution and rinse very well with clean water.
- Allow to dry for 2-3 hours
- Observe affected area to see if stain has been completely removed.
- If residual stain remains, repeat all processes above (steps 1-12)
Stone is now raw and needs to be Protected. We highly recommend HMK S34 Silicone Impregnator. This is a penetrating sealer and will not alter the look of stone.
For technical assistance, please contact StoneCareOnline at 800-380-6881